Monday, April 5, 2010

My Number one, So Far

If I were to vote today for the senate nomination, I would vote for Tim Bridgewater. Tim is a real down to earth guy. Easy to talk to and has a good head on his shoulders. I had the chance to speak one on one with him for about 20 minutes Friday night. He has some great ideas, many of which I have thought about in the past few years. He is a fair tax supporter but would consider a flat tax if that was what could pass. Like me he believes an income tax punishes productivity, hurting the economy it needs to raise funds. He wants energy independence. Having worked in the energy sector, he understands the balance needed between more oil production and developing alternative sources of energy. He worked in the Reagan administration collecting foreign debt owed to the US so he understands Washington, however, since then has worked in the private sectors starting several small businesses in several different industries. And let us not forget, he is a member of the NRA, and for someone who just bought a nice new Ruger 10/22(that would be a .22 rifle or as Obama would describe it, a deadly assault gun), that puts my mind at ease.

The only complaint I really have at this point would be the cheesy brochure of him in a sports jacket and slacks sitting on the tail of his old pick-up truck. It just seems a little too "Scott Brown" for me.

I'd suggest anyone wondering about the candidates check him out. He's seems pretty good. Tons better than Bob Bennett, that for sure.

VOTE THE INCUMBENT OUT

No comments: