Thursday, February 26, 2009

Next Time You Go to the Doctor...Think about it.

Since Obama is proposing to reinstate the ban on so-called "Assualt Weapons", here a fun fact for everyone to chew on.


Doctors
(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.


(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.

(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.

Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of
Health and Human Services.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Now think about this:
Guns
(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000.
(Yes, that's 80 million)

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.

(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188.

Statistics courtesy of FBI

So, statistically, doctors are approximately
9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.


FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN,
BUT
ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love that I believe in my rights to bear arms I may or may not own a gun and it is my right to do either. Criminals be scared I may own a gun. Licensed or not. HAHA evil laugh here.

Heather said...

It's a good thing I have a midwife then cause they don't count right? hahaha. I prefer to practice my knife throwing skills over target shooting cause I KNOW those things are sharp and I have the scars to prove it!

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Good reason to stay away from doctors and try to help yourself. I believe in the right to bare arms, especially if they are muscular and good looking. Mom

Steve said...

I just thought it was a very funny post...